The False Creek Yacht Club’s building had it’s grand opening May 5th, 1990. The building was designed by Bing Thom Architects and construction commenced in the spring of 1988.
On February 4, 1954, the current Granville Street Bridge, costing $16.5 million, opened. This is actually the third bridge at this location. The first was a wooden structure completed in 1888 and opened in 1889, and the second made of steel in 1909. A million cars would cross over the bridge in its first month. The city of Vancouver funded the bridge itself. It crosses False Creek and Granville Island, connecting downtown Vancouver to the Fairview and South Granville neighbourhoods and shopping districts.
[Sony RX100 III]